Village of Potsdam, NY
Downtown Revitalization Initiative
Public Engagement Event #3
August 28-September 4
Opportunities for Engagement:
- Online Project Gallery (coming soon)
- Storefront Posters (To be viewed from outside. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines.)
- Jernabi Coffeehouse – 11 Maple Street
- Second location TBD
- Hard copy materials available at Village Hall – 2 Park Street
- Public comments accepted through the project email, PotsdamDRI@mjels.com or by filling out a comment card at Village Hall
- Wednesday, September 2 at 6:00 PM
- Live virtual Q&A with LPC Co-chairs, State Representatives and Project Consultants
- Registration required for Live Q&A. Register for the event here: tinyurl.com/PotsdamDRI
What is the DRI?
The Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) is transforming downtown neighborhoods into vibrant communities. In its fourth year, the program will invest $100 million into 10 additional downtown neighborhoods across the state. Participating communities are nominated by the state’s ten Regional Economic Development Councils (REDCs) based on the downtown’s potential for transformation, and each community is awarded $10 million to develop a downtown strategic investment plan and implement key catalytic projects that advance the community’s vision for revitalization. The Village of Potsdam was recently selected as the North Country DRI community.
The DRI is a comprehensive approach to boosting local economies by transforming communities into vibrant neighborhoods that offer a high quality of life for all residents. Each community selected to participate in the Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) will accomplish its goals through a unique state-local partnership that includes a Local Planning Committee (LPC), a consultant team, and state agency staff. With support from municipal staff and input from the public, this partnership will result in a strategic investment plan that will achieve the vision and goals for revitalization of the downtown.
To maintain public health and comply with COVID-19 guidelines, all future DRI meetings will be web-based.
- LPC Meeting #5: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 6:00 pm (Note: This is a web-based meeting)
- Audio and video will be available to the public in real time through YouTube Live Stream which will be broadcast directly on the homepage of the Potsdam DRI website at www.PotsdamDRI.com.
- A recording of the YouTube Live Stream will be available on the Potsdam DRI website immediately following the meeting.
- Public comments may be submitted to the project email address in advance of, and following the meeting at PotsdamDRI@mjels.com.